The Policy describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the rights of and choices available to individuals regarding our use of their information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices and to exercise your rights.
We endeavour to provide every protection possible for your data. Should you have cause for concern, or a general enquiry please contact us.
Contact Name: Georgia Dutton
Contact Details: DPO@headstar.co.uk
Why does Headstar need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with the best recruitment service, we need to collect personal data. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for the purpose outlined below, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How Headstar uses your information
Headstar will process – that means collect, store and use – the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
We will use the information you provide for the following purposes:
• Providing workforce solutions and connecting people to work;
• creating and managing online accounts;
• processing payments;
• managing our client relationships;
• sending promotional materials, alerts regarding available positions and other communications;
• communicating about, and administering participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests and market research;
• responding to individuals’ inquiries;
• operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
• protecting against, identifying and seeking to prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
• complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
• Provide you with job opportunities and work;
• provide HR services to you,
• assess your suitability as a job candidate and your associate qualifications for positions; and
• perform data analytics, such as (i) analyzing our job candidate and associate base; (ii) assessing individual performance and capabilities, including scoring on work-related skills; (iii) identifying skill shortages; (iv) using information to match individuals and potential opportunities, and (v) analyzing pipeline data (trends regarding hiring practices).
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at or prior to the time of collection.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ use of our Sites; (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users use our Sites; and (iii) managing our Sites and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We also use third-party analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our Sites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate the use of the Sites. To learn more about these analytics services and how to opt out, please visit the following sites and any sites contained in the country-specific addenda:
• Google Analytics: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We may pass your personal data on to our service providers who are contracted to Headstar in the course of our work with you. Our service providers are obliged to keep your details securely and use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. Once your service needs has been satisfied or the matter has been closed, they will dispose of the details in line with Headstar procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do so.
Transfer Outside of the EU
We currently do not transfer any data outside of the EU. Should we need to do so in the future it will be in compliance with the GDPR requirements for external transfer and all details will be added to our Privacy Notices.
We may from time to time use publicly available demographic information to determine who we target for specific events or marketing campaigns so as to avoid contacting individuals unnecessarily.
You have the right to:
• Object to us processing your data
• Have inaccurate data rectified
• Access the data we keep
• Have the data we keep on you deleted (in some cases)
• Have the data we keep on you ported elsewhere
By consenting to this, you are giving us permission to perform those actions.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting the DPO as outlined above or amending your account online at Headstar.co.uk